I cook almost exclusively savory foods because baking is simply not my forte unless I’m following someone else’s recipe precisely. This freezer fudge is too easy not to share, though. It’s simple, requiring only 6 ingredients aside from water and salt. It’s also made without any refined sugar, sweetened only with dates. Get your food processor out and whip up a treat to keep in the freezer for sweet tooth emergencies.
Vegan Cardamom Cacao Buckwheat Freezer Fudge
Easy vegan cardamom cacao freezer fudge. Naturally sweetened with dates and oil-free, this is the perfect treat to keep on hand for chocolate cravings.
- 2 cups of pitted dates, lightly packed
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup softened coconut butter
- 3/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- optional: more salt + cacao nibs or chocolate chips sprinkled on top
- Pour hot water over the dates in a large bowl and let them soak for 10 minutes to soften. If your coconut butter is really hard, stick the jar into the bowl with the dates and hot water to soften the butter.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- Drain the dates, reserving the water.
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients except the reserved water. Process until a dough ball forms, drizzling in the water 1 tablespoon at a time if necessary to get things moving. Stop to scrape down the sides if necesssary.
- Press the dough into the lined loaf pan and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into squares and store in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
I hope you enjoy this quick little recipe. Tag me on Instagram if you make this or any of my recipes so I can see your creations!
Thanks for stopping by 🙂