Enjoy these creamy coconut yogurt overnight oats as a nutritious meal-prep breakfast. My vibrant sunny mango sauce made with fresh mangos, lime juice, and maple syrup will seriously upgrade your usual overnight oats. This is my favorite kind of warm-weather breakfast that can be made ahead of time and taken on the go.
There are a thousand overnight oats recipes on the internet and yet here I am, compelled to share my personal favorite overnight oats recipe. The thing about ONO (not sure if this acronym is a thing yet lol) is they can be really delicious or an absolute chore to eat the next day, depending on what you add to them. When I make my creamy coconut yogurt overnight oats, I go to sleep excited to eat them the next morning!
I have three tricks to share that make overnight oats a delicious and satisfying breakfast worth prepping and eating throughout the week.
- Yogurt. This is non-negotiable for me, whether it’s storebought or homemade. I use this method from Amanda at Mama Eats Plants to make the thickest, tangiest coconut cashew yogurt. The creamy texture of yogurt lends a luxuriousness to the oats and the sour bite of yogurt is both tasty and, I believe, helpful in breaking down the oats as they soak overnight.
- Fruit. Obviously, fruit and oatmeal are a common pairing! So if you’re out there trying to eat a jar of cold oats without any sweet, juicy fruit to brighten it up, definitely add some berries, apples, or my Sunny Mango Sauce next time!
- Protein and Fat. These are so essential to make your breakfast satiating and energizing. The yogurt helps add some fat to the mix, but I like to add hemp hearts and chia seeds as well to boost the nutrition of my oats even further and make me feel satisfied til lunch.
Coconut Yogurt Overnight Oats with Sunny Mango Sauce
Creamy overnight oats with coconut yogurt and mango sauce. A vegan meal prep option that you’ll actually be excited to eat in the morning.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 3 servings 1x
- Category: breakfast
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plant milk of choice
- 6 tbsp coconut yogurt + more on top if desired
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 Ataulfo mangos, very ripe
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- mint leaves to garnish, optional
- in a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, plant milk, yogurt, chia seeds, hemp seeds, and vanilla extract. set aside for at least 20 minutes so this mixture can start to thicken up.
- in a blender, combine the mango flesh, lime juice, maple syrup, and sea salt. blend until very smooth and creamy.
- divide the oat mixture into 3 jars and top with the mango sauce. garnish with extra yogurt and mint leaves if desired. refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours to fully thicken and chill. eat within a week.
Keywords: oats, yogurt, mango, meal prep