This single serving chocolate chip cookie is the perfect fall treat for one. A soft-baked giant vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookie that’s as easy as it is delicious!
I am so excited to share this recipe with you! I love a big bakery-style cookie and this is an even more exaggeratedly large version of those irresistible cookies that are always on display and never vegan. I like to think of this as a single serving cookie to enjoy by yourself or the perfect cookie to split in half and share. Baker’s choice, but honestly you might want to just go ahead and multiply the ingredients and make more than one because it’s just so good.
In this vegan cookie recipe, the pumpkin acts not only as an egg replacer. I also add a tiny bit of pumpkin pie spice and plenty of chocolate chips for a chocolate chip cookie that feels both classic and seasonal. If you were to leave out the pumpkin spice, I don’t think that this cookie would feel too pumpkin-y, so I think even pumpkin skeptics would appreciate this giant single serving chocolate chip cookie.
Pumpkin is very moist and has less fat or protein than egg, so while it acts as an egg replacer, it also results in a nice soft tender cookie as opposed to a very crispy or crunchy cookie. If you cook it to the longer end of the recommended bake time, you’ll have a firmer and chewier cookie, but if you cook it for a shorter time, it will be very soft and almost pillowy in texture.
How to make a giant vegan cookie for one
If you’re craving a cookie but literally just one perfect cookie, this is the best easy recipe to throw together. Pumpkin puree, vegan butter, sugar, and vanilla make up the wet ingredients, and you’ll mix them together until very smooth and creamy. Next you’ll add the dry ingredients mix until a cookie dough forms, then add the chocolate chips. While the oven is preheating, the dough will chill in the freezer to make it easier to shape into a cookie.
Once you’ve formed your cookie on the pan, it will bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how soft you prefer your cookie. That’s it! I like to top my cookie with a few more chocolate chips straight out of the oven as well as a generous sprinkle of flaky salt.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoy this giant vegan cookie. I had so much fun creating it for you! I love seeing when you make my recipes- you can find me on instagram @plantandsoulkitchen xo Jillian
If you liked this recipe, you might like my Fudgy Vegan Tofu Brownies!Print
Giant Single Serve Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie (Vegan)
This single serving chocolate chip cookie is the perfect fall treat for one. One soft-baked giant vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookie that’s as easy as it is delicious!
- 2 tbsp vegan butter, room temperature
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegan butter, pumpkin puree, sugar, and vanilla extract until very smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined. If it feels very sticky, add a pinch or two of flour. Don’t add too much more flour- it will be less sticky after the dough chills.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and transfer the dough to the freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375.
- After the dough has chilled, use your hands to form it into a cookie shape on a lined baking sheet. I made mine around 4 inches in diameter because I was looking for a thick pillowy cookie texture. If you make it thinner and larger, it will probably need to cook less and be a little less soft.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes depending on the size of your cookie. I usually keep an eye on the cookie starting at 18 minutes and take it out when it’s no longer wet and springy at the top and the edges are slightly browned.
- Let the cookie cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before enjoying.
Leave a Reply